ALOHA, ALL!! Wow. Seriously, Joe Biden? What a ridiculous display of arrogance and idiocy. As someone who speaks in front of groups on a regular basis, I know the visual overrules the verbal every time. And friend (a nod to your reference of Ryan several times), your visual was crappy. It’s said that television adds 10 pounds to someone’s weight. In this case, TV added at least that much to Biden’s over-inflated ego and fat head. Outrageous. (Shaka to Randy for the photo caption)
The best analysis I’ve seen is from Charles Krauthammer (no surprise – see the video in the link): Biden’s Disrespectful Condescending Behavior Undid Possible Debate Win “If you read the transcript, I think it’s dead even,” Krauthammer said. ”If you heard it on radio, Biden won. If you watched on television, he lost.” Estimates are that 50 million watched it on TV. He lost.
How the Brits reported it – much more fairly than our press. Joe Biden Attacks Paul Ryan During Debate “With a flash of his teeth – and a lot of finger-jabbing – the Vice President won plaudits from his fans during the debate last night, but his performance ran a very high risk of being seen as bullying and condescending, alienating swing and female voters. Veteran columnist Peggy Noonan described Biden as ‘weirdly aggressive’ and said his bullishness ‘looked mean and second-rate’ as Republicans claimed that Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times during the 90-minute debate.” BTW, whoever made Joe’s “flashy” teeth should have his or her dental license revoked. Horrible!
The GOP quickly had a web ad up about an hour after the debate:
And how about those “facts” Biden quoted? Top Ten Worst Lies By Joe Biden In Debate “This is a bunch of stuff.” You can say that again! Here’s the biggest lie that will surely come back to haunt him and Barry: “Well, we weren’t told they wanted more security again.” Biden lied through his teeth about the fact that the administration–specifically, the State Department–had been told again and again that security on the ground in Libya, and in Benghazi in particular, was inadequate. The day before, in Congressional hearings on the Libya attacks, former regional security director Eric Nordstrom described his frustration with having those requests turned down by the government bureaucracy: “For me the Taliban is on the inside of the building.”
Final Thought (Shaka to Jodie): “When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest.” ~ Proverbs 29:9
GOD BLESS AMERICA – PASS THIS ON – REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER – 25 DAYS AND COUNTING!!
- Twitter frowns on Joe Biden’s laugh (politico.com)
- Stephanie Cutter: I Didn’t “Catch” the Debate Exchange When Joe Biden Lied About Libya (riehlworldview.com)
- Joe Biden Laughing PHOTOS: The Best Of The Vice President’s Faces, Reactions In VP Debate (huffingtonpost.com)
ALOHA, ALL!! I think we’ve heard enough about Big Bird. The fact that Team Obama thinks cutting funding for PBS is a big issue shows their desperation. Time to move on, Organizing for America…you picked another loser. Tonight, we are in for a treat….a real smack down between the VP candidates. One is full of hot air and a monumental gaffe machine. The other, even though he’s much younger, is an adult with solutions to our problems. Get the popcorn out – it’s gonna be a good one!!
What Paul Ryan Proposes. Check this out, while you hear Biden lie tonight (Shaka to Rose Marie):
These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting. Read to the end.
* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy — $445 million annual savings.
* Save America ‘s Treasures Program — $25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland — $17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation — $420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts — $167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities — $167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program — $250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies — $1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs — H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U.S. Trade Development Agency — $55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy — $20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding — $47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy — $430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund — $4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid — $24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half — $7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% — $600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service — $150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program — $70 million annual savings.
* Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program — $125 million annual savings..
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization — $530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment — $95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit — $2 billion annual savings.
* Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts — $9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants — $2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning — $318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission — $76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration — $293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act — $1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy — $1.27 billion annual savings.
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership — $200 million annual savings..
* Energy Star Program — $52 million annual savings.
*Economic Assistance to Egypt — $250 million annually.
* U.S.Agency for International Development — $1.39 billion annual savings.
* General Assistance to District of Columbia — $210 million annual savings.
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority — $150 million annual savings.
*Presidential Campaign Fund — $775 million savings over ten years.
* No funding for federal office space acquisition — $864 million annual savings.
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act — More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget — $1.8 billion savings over ten years.
*Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees — $1 billion total savings.WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ABOUT?
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees — $1.2 billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of — $15 billion total savings.
*Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress. WHAT???
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies — $1 million annual savings.
*Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change — $12.5 million annual savings WELL ISN’T THAT SPECIAL
* Eliminate Market Access Program — $200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program — $14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) — $93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program — $56.2 million annual savings.
*Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs– $900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program — $27 million savings..
* HUD Ph.D. Program.
* Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.
TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years. What is all this doing in the budget in the first place? And note: Social Security and cuts the the military budget are NOT on this list!
Make Our Day, Paul Ryan….Please Go There! Missing In Action – Stimulus ‘Sheriff’ Joe Biden “Remember when President Obama bragged about Joe Biden’s fiscal discipline cred in 2009? “To you, he’s Mr. Vice President, but around the White House, we call him the Sheriff,” Obama warned government employees. “Because if you’re misusing taxpayer money, you’ll have to answer to him.”
Shock!!! Not. Transparency Fail: Obama A Guest At VP Moderator’s Wedding “…ABC News’ senior foreign correspondent, Martha Raddatz, is not only moderating tomorrow night’s debate between Paul Ryan and Joe Biden, but no less than Barack Obama was a guest at her 1991 wedding.”
Shock!! Not. Part II. Obama’s Ring: ‘There Is No God But Allah’“…according to Arabic-language and Islamic experts, the ring Obama has been wearing for more than 30 years is adorned with the first part of the Islamic declaration of faith, the Shahada: “There is no God except Allah.”
No Media Bias. None at All. AP Releases Unflattering Pic Of Mitt Note my comment: “Or…they could have cropped out the girl. If she was my daughter I’d sue the AP.”
Meanwhile, How They Report on Romney in the UK. Like Father, Like Son A Young Mitt Romney Takes Advice From Dad in Intimate Unpublished Photos “The images show a statesman-like figure, clearly loved and respected by his close-knit family. The dynamic patriarch at the center of the 50-year-old pictures is George Romney, but they provide an interesting parallel with the life of Mitt Romney today.” (Shaka to Biz for the link)
When Will This Blow Up In Obama’s Face? State Department Did Not Reply To Libya Officer Who Requested More Security “When security officer Eric Nordstrom asked for more security in Libya in light of more than 200 security breaches from July 2011 to July 2012, he received no answer. Forty-eight of these recorded breaches took place in Benghazi.” And: WaPo Asks – Where Is Hillary These Days?
When Will This Blow Up In Obama’s Face? Part II. Obama Fundraising Scandal: Follow The Money, If You Can “…the Obama campaign has apparently been working hard behind the scenes to ensure the story never sees the light of day. Sources report that a taxpayer watchdog group has recently concluded a nine month investigation into both presidential and congressional campaign fundraising practices and uncovered alarming patterns in Obama’s reliance upon smaller, and therefore less transparent donations.” And: That Obama Donations Story Just Got A Lot More Serious
You Knew This Was Coming – Hitler Reacts To Obama Debate Debacle (Shaka to Don for the link):
GOD BLESS AMERICA – PASS THIS ON – REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER – 27 DAYS AND COUNTING!!
- Mitt Romney rides new wave of popularity as poll numbers surge (telegraph.co.uk)
- Proposed GOP Cuts to Spending (papundits.wordpress.com)
- Election 2012 – Beau Biden says father studying hard for debate (frankielynn.newsvine.com) I’ll Bet!!!!!!!!