So Far, So Bad
1. Benghazi was a direct effort to change the facts surrounding an attack by al Qaeda, making it look as an anti-American demonstration caused by a U-TUBE assembled by an Egyptian American. An attack that MAY have caught administration by surprise, but whose cover-up may have begun before the attack ended. The coverup of these facts continued for weeks, allowing the crime scene in Benghazi to go stale and the leaders to escape unmolested despite heavy losses. Of the four American lives lost, parents and loved ones attending their funeral were variously but directly lied to by Obama, Hillary, and VP Biden regarding the circumstances surrounding their deaths.
2. The IRS scandal is still developing (but widening by the hour). It appears to be a widely coordinated effort by or through the IRS to delay or intimidate groups (and now individuals) that advocated policies in opposition to present federal government initiatives. Evidence is now also emerging that the IRS may only have been just one agency targeting political opponents. Other agencies abusing their powers may have included: The Department of Agriculture, EPA, FCC, SEC, and others. If true, it would be the most widespread abuse of an administration and political party directed at another in history and far more chilling than previous instances (like Watergate) because of its breadth and scope and the possible willingness of federal bureaucrats to execute.
3. The AP scandal is sill developing. It involves the use of a secret subpoena by the Department of Justice used to record activity (calls made and received) of over 200 reporters. Attorney General Holder, a man of low repute and fixer of the Clinton pardon of fugitive Marc Rich, has recused himself from the investigation.
- First President to Violate the War Powers Act (Unilaterally Executing American Military Operations in Libya Without Informing Congress In the Required Time Period – Source: Huffington Post)
- First President to Triple the Number of Warrantless Wiretaps of U.S. Citizens (Source: ACLU)
- First President to Sign into Law a Bill That Permits the Government to “Hold Anyone Suspected of Being Associated With Terrorism Indefinitely, Without Any Form of Due Process. No Indictment. No Judge or Jury. No Evidence. No Trial. Just an Indefinite Jail Sentence” (NDAA Bill – Source: Business Insider)
- First President to Refuse to Tell the Public What He Did For Eight (8) Hours After Being Informed That a U.S. Ambassador Was Facing Imminent Death During a Terror Attack (Source: Mediate)
- First President to Lie About the Reason For an Ambassador’s Death, Blaming it on an Internet Video Rather Than What He Knew to be the Case: the Al Qaeda-linked Terror Group Ansar al-Sharia (Source: House Oversight Committee, et. al.)
- First President to Have an Innocent Filmmaker Thrown in Jail After Lying About the Cause for a Deadly Attack on U.S. Diplomats, Using the Filmmaker as a Scapegoat (Source: CNN)
- First President to Use the IRS to “Unfairly Target Political Enemies” as Well as Jewish Groups (Source: Sen. Ted Cruz)
- First President to Unlawfully Seize Telephone Records of More than 100 Reporters to Intimidate and/or Bully Them (Source:Associated Press)
- First President to Witness a Single Cabinet Secretary Commit Multiple Hatch Act Violations Without Acting, Speaking Out, Disciplining or Firing That Person (Source: New York Times)
- First President to Have His Attorney General Held in Criminal Contempt of Congress For His Efforts to Cover Up Operation Fast and Furious, That Killed Over 300 Individuals (Source: Politico)
- First President to claim Executive Privilege to shield a sitting Attorney General from a Contempt of Congress finding for perjury and withholding evidence from lawful subpoenas (Source: Business Insider)
- First President to Issue Unlawful “Recess-Appointments” Over a Long Weekend — While the U.S. Senate Remained in Session(against the advice of his own Justice Department – Source: United States Court of Appeals)
- First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case (Source: Gawker)
- First President to “Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions” (Source: DHS documents uncovered by Judicial Watch)
- First President to Sue States for Enforcing Voter ID Requirements, Which Were Previously Ruled Legal by the U.S. Supreme Court (Source: CNN)
- First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places (the New Black Panthers voter intimidation case, Source: Investors Business Daily)
- First President to Refuse to Comply With a House Oversight Committee Subpoena (Source: Heritage Foundation)
- First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It (Defense of Marriage Act – Source:ABC News)
- First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees (BP Oil Spill Relief Fund – Source: Fox News)
- First President to Have a Law Signed By an ‘Auto-pen’ Without Being “Present” (Source: The New York Times)
- First President to Have His Administration Fund an Organization Tied to the Cop-Killing Terrorist Group, the Weather Underground(Source: National Review)
Hump Day Report: An August 6 Dedication
ALOHA, ALL! This edition of the HDR is dedicated to our military….for so many reasons! But here are a few things to keep in mind:
On Saturday morning August 6, 2011, 30 American warriors were killed when their Chinook helicopter was shot down in the Wardak province, Afghanistan. Among the killed were 17 members of SEAL Team SIX.
TODAY…REMEMBER THESE BRAVE MEN AND THEIR FAMILIES!
WEST COAST – NAVAL SPECIAL WARFARE
Special Warfare Operator Petty Officer 1st Class (SEAL) – Jesse D. Pittman, 27, Ukiah, CA.
Special Warfare Operator Petty Officer 2nd Class (SEAL) – Nicholas P. Spehar, 24, Saint Paul, MN.
EAST COAST – NAVAL SPECIAL WARFARE
Lt. Cmdr. (SEAL) Jonas B. Kelsall, 32, of Shreveport, LA.
Special Warfare Operator Master Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) – Louis J. Langlais, 44, Santa Barbara, CA.
Special Warfare Operator Senior Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) – Thomas A. Ratzlaff, 34, Green Forest, AR.
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician Senior Chief Petty Officer (Expeditionary Warfare Specialist/Freefall Parachutist) – Kraig M. Vickers 36, Kokomo, Hawaii.
Special Warfare Operator Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) – Brian R. Bill, 31, Stamford, CT.
Special Warfare Operator Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) – John W. Faas, 31, Minneapolis, MN.
Special Warfare Operator Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) – Kevin A. Houston, 35, West Hyannisport, MA.
Special Warfare Operator Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) – Matthew D. Mason, 37, Kansas City, MO.
Special Warfare Operator Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) – Stephen M. Mills, 35, Fort Worth, TX.
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician Chief Petty Officer (Expeditionary Warfare Specialist/Freefall Parachutist/Diver) – Nicholas H. Null, 30, Washington, WV.
Special Warfare Operator Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) – Robert J. Reeves, 32, Shreveport, LA.
Special Warfare Operator Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) – Heath M. Robinson, 34, Detroit, MI.
Special Warfare Operator Petty Officer 1st Class (SEAL) – Darrik C. Benson, 28, Angwin, CA.
Special Warfare Operator Petty Officer 1st Class (SEAL/Parachutist) – Christopher G. Campbell, 36, Jacksonville, NC.
Information Systems Technician Petty Officer 1st Class (Expeditionary Warfare Specialist/Freefall Parachutist) – Jared W. Day, 28, of Taylorsville, UT.
Master-at-Arms Petty Officer 1st Class (Expeditionary Warfare Specialist) – John Douangdara, 26, South Sioux City, NE.
Cryptologist Technician (Collection) Petty Officer 1st Class (Expeditionary Warfare Specialist) – Michael J. Strange, 25, Philadelphia, PA.
Special Warfare Operator Petty Officer 1st Class (SEAL/Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialist) – Jon T. Tumilson, 35, Rockford, IA.
Special Warfare Operator Petty Officer 1st Class (SEAL) – Aaron C. Vaughn, 30, Stuart, FL.
Special Warfare Operator Petty Officer 1st Class (SEAL) – Jason R. Workman, 32, Blanding, UT.
Chief Warrant Officer David R. Carter, 47, of Centennial, CO, assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 135th Aviation Regiment (General Support Aviation Battalion), Aurora, CO.
Chief Warrant Officer Bryan J. Nichols, 31, of Hays, KS, assigned to the 7th Battalion, 158th Aviation Regiment (General Support Aviation Battalion), New Century, KS.
Sgt. Patrick D. Hamburger, 30, of Lincoln, NE, assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 135th Aviation Regiment (General Support Aviation Battalion), Grand Island, NE.
Sgt. Alexander J. Bennett, 24, of Tacoma, WA, assigned to the 7th Battalion, 158th Aviation Regiment (General Support Aviation Battalion), New Century, KS.
Spc. Spencer C. Duncan, 21, of Olathe, KS, assigned to the 7th Battalion, 158th Aviation Regiment (General Support Aviation Battalion), New Century, KS.
Tech. Sgt. John W. Brown, 33, Tallahassee, FL.
Staff Sgt. Andrew W. Harvell, 26, Long Beach, CA.
Tech. Sgt. Daniel L. Zerbe, 28, York, PA.
While a long list of names can seem impersonal, check out the website that one of the SEAL’s parents created: For Our Son And For This Cause BTW – it shouldn’t seem impersonal. It’s real, and these are real heroes!
Yet Obama is trying to disenfranchise our fighting men and women in a key swing state – Ohio! Obama’s Drive To Disenfranchise Soldiers “It needs to be noted that for all the Left’s incessant whining about largely imaginary “voter suppression,” progressives have been silent about this real-life example of a political candidate trying to make it harder for those Americans who don’t support him to vote.”
But Obama minion David Axelrod claims it’s all a lie. Dems Not Restricting Military Vote; Calls Romney Attacks ‘Shameful’ “The optics of the issue could be a problem for the president’s campaign, though, with military groups joining the state to defend the law. (Chris)Wallace pointed out that 15 non-partisan military groups had sided with Romney on the issue and in a sharp exchange as both men spoke over the other.” Sin, spin spin. Glad DAx is on the defensive. Gee….who do you believe???
If this sounds like deja vu, that’s because it is. Flashback: Democrats Worked Hard To Disqualify Overseas Military Ballots In 2000 Recount “No matter how the Democrats and the media try to spin this, the party has actively sought to suppress the votes of the men and women in the military. The very fact that a memo was circulated, explaining, in detail, how to disqualify military ballots should be enough evidence of the party’s checkered history with military voting. Don’t believe what the left and the media say. Believe what the Democrats have done.”
And just in case you didn’t know:
- In World War II, 11.2% of the nation served in four years.
- In Vietnam, 4.3% served in 12 years.
- Since 2001, only 0.45% of our population has served in the Global War on Terror.
Thank you to the 0.45% who have and continue to serve our Nation.
(Shaka to Lee)
If this doesn’t give you “chicken skin,” nothing will!
ICYMI: Misty May Treanor always dedicates her and Kerri Walsh Jennings’ Olympic volleyball wins to the troops. Do you know who their coach is? Win Due To Coach “And this team is fierce. They don’t give a moment of peace to the competition, according to Walsh. “I don’t want to let our opponents breathe. I don’t want to give them an edge,” she said after the Sunday victory. “I don’t want them to feel comfortable for one second out there.” Keep on winning, Misty & Kerri!!!!!!!
Final Thought: “Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few.” – Winston Churchill
GOD BLESS AMERICA – PASS THIS ON – REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER – 91 DAYS AND COUNTING!!
- The Fallen Warriors in the Afghan Ambush by Jihadists. Single Largest Loss of Life in One Day (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- In Memoriam: The 31 Heroes of EXTORTION 17 (americanthinker.com)