Big Announcement Friday!
ALOHA, ALL!! I’m proud to announce that Carl will be contributing regular content to the HDR. We’ve been fans of each others blogs and musings for a long time so it made sense to join forces. Carl is from Oregon, is an all-around great guy, and true patriot. Today’s postings are his – don’t miss the levity at the end. WELCOME, CARL!
Watergate wasn’t broken open in a day, but through a series of small drips that eventually became a torrent.
ABC News: Obama Admin Scrubbed Terror References In Benghazi Talking Points (Pull up a chair, Pilgrim – welcome to the story)
Are Pigs Flying????? IRS ADMITS TARGETING CONSERVATIVE GROUPS; APOLOGIZES SO WHEN HE WAS NEW IN OFFICE, BARACK OBAMA JOKED ABOUT TAX AUDITS FOR PEOPLE WHO DISPLEASED HIM. Now the IRS has admitted that it targeted conservative and Tea Party groups in 2012.
Richard Nixon, for all his “crimes,” never actually was able to misuse/abuse the IRS to go after enemies. The fact he wanted to was considered grounds for impeachment. Looks like Obama got what Nixon wanted, and with a compliant media that is too stupid and lazy to matter.
Boehner, McConnell refuse to appoint members to ‘death panel’ to Obamacare (Same panel Obama SWORE did not exist, and mocked Sarah Palin for suggesting it did)
REPORTER: Democrats Actively Working to Undermine Testimony (Obama’s G. Gordon Liddys)
NEWS YOU CAN USE: Use These Secret NSA Google Search Tips to Become Your Own Spy Agency
Who Is Giving White House Orders to CBS News on Benghazi? (Sharyl Attkisson Better Check Her Tax Returns)
Obama Administration Allowed Radical Cleric to Curse US Navy SEAL Heroes at Funeral Services (Video & Transcript) “At the press conference today the families released video on how military brass, while prohibiting any mention of a Judeo-Christian God, invited a Muslim cleric to the funeral for the fallen Navy SEAL Team VI heroes. This cleric disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen by damning them as infidels to Allah. A video of the Muslim cleric’s “prayer” was shown this morning with a certified translation.” Here’s the video – it’s long because it’s the entire briefing and gathering of SEAL Team VI families that happened yesterday. But you’ll see the cleric’s prayer at about 19:40:
- I handed the teller @ my bank a withdrawal slip for $400.00. I said “May I have large bills, please?” She looked at me and said “I’m sorry sir, all the bills are the same size.” When I got up off the floor I explained it to her….
- When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. ‘Hey,’ I announced to the technician, ‘it’s open!’ His reply: ‘I know. I already got that side.’ This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MS
- We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a ‘large’ enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, ‘Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.’ I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, ‘NO, it’s not..’ Four is larger than two.’ We haven’t used Sears repair since.
- My daughter and I went through the McDonald’s take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, ‘you gave me too much money.’ I said, ‘Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back. She sighed and went to get the manager, who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said ‘We’re sorry but we could not do that kind of thing.’ The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change. Do not confuse the clerks at McD’s.
- My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for ‘minimal lettuce.’ He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce. From Kansas City
- I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, ‘Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?’ To which I replied, ‘If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?’ He smiled knowingly and nodded, ‘That’s why we ask.’ Happened in Birmingham , Ala.
- The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it’s safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, ‘What on earth are blind people doing driving?! She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS
- At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to ‘downsizing,’our manager commented cheerfully, ‘This is fun. We should do this more often. ‘Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare. This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.
- I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn’t understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.
- How would you pronounce this child’s name? “Le-a” Leah?? NO Lee – A?? NOPE Lay – a?? NO Lei?? Guess Again. This child attends a school in Kansas City , Mo. Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. It’s pronounced “Ledasha”.When the Mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, “the dash don’t be silent.” SO, if you see something come across your desk like this please remember to pronounce the dash. If dey axe you why, tell dem de dash don’t be silent.
- My nephew, a cop in Dayton Ohio (the rough part of town), pulled a woman over for running a stop sign. He was looking at her ODL and noticed her name was spelled, SHITHEAD. He asked her why would someone name their kid shit head. She calmly explained it wasn’t shit head, but pronounced, shiteed. He let her off with a warning. Then laughed his ass off after he got back in the patrol car. TRUE STORY.
GOD BLESS AMERICA – PASS THIS ON!!!
- Benghazi vs. Watergate: Which Was Worse? Part 1 (powerlineblog.com)