Hump Day Report: The Reign In Spain
ALOHA, ALL!! Hubby’s in Spain right now and it looks like he’s there at an historic time. There’s a “general strike” in Europe and things are pretty much in an uproar. Why the general strike? To protest spending cuts, of course. I got an email from hubby earlier today:
“If you watched the news there was a “general strike” across Spain today, a hint of what America faces if we don’t get past $120B (Oct. 2012) per month!!!! budget deficits, encourage companies to grow and our economy starts growing again. But I’m not holding my breath that we will avoid it; in 2006 Spain’s unemployment was 7.9%, it’s now over 25% and the province of Catalonia is trying to to succeed (paralleling petition movements in some of the United States that have started our last national election, notably in Texas and Louisiana where requisite numbers of signatures have already been gathered).
Like in much of the EU, ironies abound in Spain. The diluted reek of wood-burning stoves stings the eyes in Segovia but heaven forbid one grow a GMO grain or expectorate triclosan-containing toothpaste into the waste-water stream. But make sure you eat lots of meat at every meal and don’t think about having dinner before 930PM. Oh yes, and did I forget? Spain is among the “leading nations in the world” when it comes to “renewable energy.” Yeah, cool…. Yeah, sure….
Another nation where government has been too large and too long into industrial policy and making promises to unionized state workers that can’t be fulfilled? Seems so to me, but what do I know?”
And so it goes. Is this our future? Don’t be surprised. Anti-Austerity Strikes Sweep Europe
Congratulations to the Democrats, Young People, et alia ! You now own it.
- The next terrorist attack … you own it.
- Can’t get a job after graduation … you own it.
- Sky-rocketing energy prices due to Obama’s EPA shutting down the energy producing states … you own it.
- A nuclear Iran … you own it.
- Bowing to the Soviet Union … you own it.
- Another severe recession … you own it.
- A volatile border with Mexico … you own it.
- Trouble getting good health care … you own it.
- Higher health insurance costs and health care costs … you own it.
- No budget … you own it.
- Our allies mistrust … you own it.
- Another two trillion of debt … you own it.
- More Benghazi situations … you own it.
- No one willing to join the military … you own it.
- Trouble getting a loan to buy a home … you own it.
- More dependency on food stamps … you own it.
- Trouble finding good employment … you own it.
- Several part time jobs instead of a good job … you own it.
- A World Government … you own it.
- The UN governing the United States instead of ourselves … you own it.
- A Senate that will not bring any corrective legislation to the table but calls it as “Dead on Arrival” … you own it.
- China controlling our world trade trampling all over us … you own it.
- Loss of our freedoms as we have known it in the past … you own it. A dictatorship instead of a democracy that follows the Constitution … you own it.
- Less take-home pay and higher living costs … you own it.
- Driving a car that looks like a toy … you own it.
- More government corruption and lies … you own it.
- More toleration of extreme and fanatical Islamists … you own it.
- Terrorist attacks called work place incidents … you own it.
- Curtailment of religious freedom … you own it.
- Your revenge vote instead of love of country … you own it.
We’ve been here before….Since Forever Democrats Have Been Pushing Their Socialist Agenda Click the link to read about harry Truman’s 1949 “pie-in-the-sky” speech.”
GOD BLESS AMERICA – PASS THIS ON!!
- Austerity protests stall several European nations (seattlepi.com)
- Europe Faces a Multi-National General Strike Against Austerity (world.time.com)